Friday, November 20, 2009

FreeDay - For the Bookworms

The Friday idea today is for all those bookworms out there in need of a new book for the weekend! I could not put the following two books down, and I love books that are so captivating I think about them all day long when I am not reading them. So in case you are looking for a new book, perhaps you might try these:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

These two books are very different from one another, but both grabbed me from the first page. Each incorporates elements of motherhood, nature, and children in unique ways!

I am now searching for a new book to read! Any recommendations?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
You've got to read Thirsty by Kristen Bair O'Keeffe! Rich and textured. Her writing is beautiful. Rarely do I read a book twice. I'll read it again...
Judy

Anonymous said...

Ooops - Kristin's frisrts name is spelled K-r-i-s-t-i-n.

Mary Jo said...

Kim,

While at the show seeing New Moon this weekend, they had a preview of The Lovely Bones - the movie, looks really good!
~Mary Jo